Subject: Re: OpelGL layout mode
From: [email-masked] (Brenden Mecleary )
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:47:33 -0700

Harv wrote: 
>
>Saw it a year ago on my p120 with trueSpace.  LW is catching up in this area.
>

.and Truespace in all the rest.  No lens flares, no IK, no bones (though 
there are deformation lattices...not as good, IMO), no particle effects (i.e. 
single or double point polygons), etc.  Besides, 1 year ago, Newtek had to 
port Lightwave to a bunch of other platforms.  I have to admit, I was on the 
trueSpace ML for a while, and I had to contain my laughter when someone asked 
"How do you do that thing where the picture gets washed out?  You know, like 
when you point the camera at the sun?".
    I can't wait to get my hands on LW 5.0.  The mass of features sounds 
great, particularly the MetaNURBS, and all the openGL support in Modeler AND 
Layout.

                                                Brenden Mecleary
                                                [email-masked]

"It's 10:00.  Do you know where your copy of Lightwave is?"

BTW, the correct answer is "Four to six weeks away."